Upcoming Community Events
Monthly Meeting September 10th - Robert Mitchell,MD,FACOG,
Join us to hear Dr. Mitchell discuss the Disaster Medicine Project and what we can do to acheive the following objectives
- Understand the definition of disaster medicine vs. emergency medicine
- Understand the definition and importance of social capital
- Understand a design for building a culture of preparedness
- Describe the 5 Elements of Disaster Response and the Golden Hour
- Understand what comprises the “response community”
Beginning in September!
Join us for a one hour discussion at one of following
Whatcom’s Senior Centers:
Bellingham Sr Center, 315 Halleck, Sept 19, 1 pm
Ferndale Sr Center, 1999 Cherry St., Oct 2, 1 pm
Lynden Sr Center, 401 Grover, Sept 4, 12:30 pm
Blaine Sr Center, 763 G St., August 22, 12:45 pm
Point Roberts Sr Center, 1487 Gulf Road, Sept 12, 10:30
Everson Sr Center, 111 Main, September 14, 12:15 pm
Sumas Community Center, 461 Second St, Sept 17, 12:30
Welcome Sr Center, 5103 Mosquito Lake Rd, Sept 27, 12:30
Admission is free.
We will be participating in the October Mt. Baker Eruption. If you are interested, please contact Terri via email at email@example.com
AUGUST Monthly Meeting - Cancelled. Enjoy your Summer and come back ready to put your energy into our Mt. Baker Eruption exercise.